The LMD-A180 18.4-inch LMD-A Series LCD monitor offers Full HD resolution, along with a lightweight and compact design. The LMD-A180 offers the same user-interface design, convenient features, functions and operability among the LMD-A series. This consistency among the LMD-A180, LMD-A240 and LMD-A220 brings great user benefits when they are used in the same network. Furthermore, LMD-A Series monitors provide versatility for a wide range of user applications both in the studio and in the field. These include DC operation, wall mount and yoke-mount holes, and an optional protection kit (BKM-PL18). In addition, the latest camera-linkage functions, such as camera and lens metadata display and a Picture and Picture function, provide the convenience of working efficiency both in the field and in the post process.
LMD-A180 expands and enhances the monitor’s ability to support 4K production, shopping channels, field and graphics applications.
Sony continuously improves the LMD-A Series. The LMD-A180 achieves HDR capability and is able to satisfy the highest demands of HDR production.
Color consistency and HDR production features
Thanks to premium LCD technology, the color gamut is wide and the same as the color gamut of BVM-HX3110, BVM-HX310, PVM-X3200, PVM-X2400, PVM-X1800 and LMD-A240. Their colors are matched to each other on the screens.
The LMD-A180 is a cost-effective yet highly capable entry solution for HD HDR and 4K HDR production. The monitor supports EOTF of S-Log3(Live HDR), which allows for seamless integration into Sony HDR Live production workflow. While also supporting ITU-R BT.2100(HLG), LMD-A180 will also easily integrate with Sony camcorders to enable Instant HDR workflow.
SMPTE ST2084, S-Log3, S-Log2 and 2.4(HDR) are also supported for a variety of video productions.
4K production features
The LMD-A180 fulfills the demand for an affordable HD monitor in a 4K system. The unit supports the ITU-R BT.2020 color space and accepts one of Quad-link 2SI 3G-SDI signals. To fully utilize its wide color gamut, the monitor offers DCI-P3 and S-GAMUT/S-GAMUT3/S-GAMUT3.cine settings, with proper EOTFs such as 2.6 gamma, S-Log3 and S-Log2.
- Color consistency and High Dynamic Range
- Video input versatility - The LMD-A180 monitor is equipped with built-in standard input interfaces: 3G/HD/SD-SDI (x2), HDMI (HDCP) input (x1) and composite (x1).
- In-Monitor Display (IMD) function - With an external remote function via Ethernet, image source names and tally information can be displayed on screen. LMD-A Series monitors support the TSL system protocol. The IMD system can display European language tex
- False color function - The monitor can display false color according to the signal level from a camera. As the whole picture is changed, it is easy to see levels for over-exposure, under-exposure, or appropriate exposure.
- Yoke-mount and Wall-mount capability - The monitor includes screw holes on its side bezels for yoke mounting. This type of mounting is convenient when installing a monitor to a camera crane or monitor stand. There are also wall-mount 100 mm pitch holes on
- User-friendly operability and user interface - The monitor has a number of additional features, including: Time Code display (LTC/VITC-supported); safety area markers, closed caption display (EIA/CEA-608 and EIA/CEA-708, SDI only), 8-channel audio level m
- Camera focus function
- On screen Tally - The monitor is equipped with a three colors red, green and yellow On-screen Tally function.
- Auto white adjustment
- 2K (2048 x 1080) input and image-slide
- Camera/lens metadata display function and on-screen tally
- Flexible area marker, Grid Display, two Center Markers and Flip functions
- Detachable handle and Rack-mount capability
- Wide color gamut
- Lightweight and compact with lower power consumption
- Optimized low-latency I/P conversion
- Computer input versatility
- Waveform monitor, vector scope and audio level meter display
- Optional protection kit (BKM-PL18)
- Consistent design
- Line doubler mode for field dominance check and time code function
- Network control function
- Enhanced Picture and Picture function
- Anamorphic image conversion and Active Format Description (AFD) functions
- Power-on setting
- User Presets with password lock and short-cut to function key configuration