World-leading handheld 4K HDR performance
An all-new 4K 3CMOS 1/2-type sensor with a deep depth of field and class-leading performance provides the pinnacle of 4K HDR performance in your hand. Face Detection AF keeps your subject in focus, while HLG and S-Log3 provide stunning HDR to suit any workflow.
Revolutionary networking capabilities
Deliver your content faster wherever you are. PXW-Z280 is the world’s first camcorder with built-in Dual Link Cellular connection for double the uplink performance and reliability. Integrated 12G-SDI supports transfers at up to 12Gbps over a standard SDI cable.
World's first 1/2-type 3CMOS Sensor for broadcast 4K
The Z280’s all-new Exmor R™ imager is custom-designed for broadcast 4K acquisition. Its three 1/2-type Exmor R™ CMOS deliver a deep depth of field with superb image quality. Red, blue and green light are independently captured by separate image sensors, contributing to high resolution, high sensitivity of F12 (59.94p) and wide dynamic range. An advanced LSI (featuring intelligent noise reduction, enhanced detail reproduction and distortion correction technologies) delivers remarkably lifelike 4K 4:2:2 10-bit images. Even if you’re delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors simply cannot see.
17x professional HD zoom lens with three independent rings with end-stop and large focal length
The PXW-Z280 is equipped with a 17x professional zoom lens able to zoom from 30.3 mm to 515 mm (35 mm equivalent). The 1/2-inch type lens has three independent control rings with end-stop, which allows manual control of focus, zoom, and iris, making for better and faster adjustment. The image can be enlarged without any picture degradation in HD mode and 34x times zoom equivalent image is captured with sensor cropping extender.
- World's first 1/2-type 3CMOS Sensor for broadcast 4K
- 17x professional HD zoom lens with three independent rings with end-stop and large focal length
- Spectacular HDR performance
- Amazingly fast precision auto focus
- Built-in electronic Variable ND Filters
- 12G-SDI accelerated workflow
- Accurate OLED viewfinder
- Dual Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe
- Dual XLR and 4 Channel Audio
- Dual SxS media slots
- High-quality XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP recordings
- Offers complete production flexibility with built-in support for a wide variety of production formats
- Broadcast-standard MPEG HD422 and MPEG HD
- DVCAM at 25 Mbps in MXF file format